Tuesday 3 May 2011

This was my first try at making my R&B front cover, I chose this particular picture because it looks to be coming out of the page with a deep shadow which gives the page some depth. I assured that the model’s head was over the title as this is a very important convention used in most magazines.

I chose to use ‘Old English Text MT’ font because it is the type of font has always been used in newspapers up to now, this connotes that my magazine is the source if news (or in other words gossip), it suggests that if you need to know anything about what is going on in the R&B world, all you need to do is read Dominate Magazine. Using this ancient text also suggests that my magazine is timeless and is dedicated to bringing its readers information and entertainment year after year.



When I compared my magazine to the the others I had looked at, I realised that this font was far too complicated for the type of magazine I wanted to create, I noticed that all the other magazines I had looked used quite bold yet simple texts, as a result I decided to try out a different font.

No comments:

Post a Comment