Tuesday 10 May 2011

Evaluation- Attracting and addressing my target audience

I have used bright colours such as yellow and pink on the cover on my magazine which will instantly catch the eye of any reader. Not only is the colour yellow eyecatching but there have been a lot of R&B songs recently where rappers are expressing there attraction to the colour yellow e.g. Wiz Khalifa's song 'Black and Yellow' and Chris Brown's song 'look at me now'. The use of colour yellow is more than relevant in the R&B industry at the moment.

The use of bold and colourful font also adds to the attraction of readers. Despite having used simple font, in contrast to the extravagant jewellery and lifestyles of R&B artists, the font has to be simple as there is a lot going on on the page and complicated text could lead to the magazine looking crowded and unattractive. The language I have used in my magazine allows my audience to relate to it, the use of slang almost represents a secret language used in Hip hop culture. The mise en scene of my double page spread involves a brick border representing 'the blocks' or 'the ghetto' this also allows a lot of my working class audience who may live in blocks to relate. In most of the images
I used, the camera angle is tilted to look up at the model to insinuate dominace and make them look powerful, this should hopefully attract people who pick up a similar attitude and want to feel dominance.

No comments:

Post a Comment