Tuesday 3 May 2011

It was important that I designed  a flat plan for my front cover and double page spread, this would help me to have an idea of what my magazine was going to look like. A flat plan gives an idea of hw the layout, colour scheme and text will work together so that when it comes to doing the real thing I will find it easier to create my magazine.
As shown below I have tried to use the same colour scheme I used on my front cover in my main article, this is allows the two to connect. My house style is R&B, I would describe it as quite a mature and sophisticated style with a slightly street undertone, this will be my USP (unique selling point). I decided to create my magazine  with this style because I wanted it to be a bit different to the other  R&B  magazines which are usually very ghetto and may usually attract the same kind of audience. I hope that with my slightly posh R&B magazine style I will also be able to attract more middle class audience as well as the normal audience of R&B magazines. I am targeting both males and females so I will alternate the gender of my front cover model.
EXTRA: I may have a band going across the bottom of my magazine (front cover) which will let the consumer know what other exciting things are in my magazine, this is helpful especially if I do not have much room for puffs.


No comments:

Post a Comment