Tuesday 10 May 2011

Evaluation- The audience for my magazine

In terms of the demographic of my target audience,  I am mainly aiming at young males and females aged between 16 and 25 and a few slightly older readers. this is because the most popular R&B artists at the moment are quite young and I gathered that there followers tend to be of a similar age or younger. Despite finding out that a large number of older people also enjoy this genre of music, I still that my magazine would be mostly purchased by young people because I think older people are more likely to buy magazines on lifestyle, not music. I am also sure that my magazine will be purchased by people younger than 15 because there is a growing number of 15 and 14 year old fans of R&B, furthermore, as my magazine is only £2.50 it means that is affrodable for younger readers. As the editor of the magazine I would prefer for younger readers not to read the magazine because the revealing images of womn may influence them in a negative way.

I am aiming my magazine at a working class audience, that is why I have given it an affordable price. However tried to mis the magazine with both 'ghetto' and sophisticated to encourage a wider readership, this can hopefully attract middle class readers. I doubt however that many people of high class would purchase my magazine. The sophisticated language and appearance of my magazine will hopefully attract some proffesional readers however I am mainly targeting students because they are the most likely to want to find out all the latest gossip.

The main audience of my magazine would b black and mixed raced Afro-Caribbeans, this is because R&B music is mainly dominated by black musicians however due to the rise in white and asian rappers and R&B singers such Eminem, Cher Lloyde and Jay Sean there has been a growth in hybrid idnetities meaning that white and asian males and females can also mix in and be a part of R&B and Hip-hop culture. The readers of my magazine are likely to have a ifestyle involving partying and or be aspiring musicians who may think its a good idea to read success stories of artists and how they made it 'big', hence why I ahave chosen my feature article to be about an upcoming artist. The attitudes of the readers may be quite strong and feirce, this is because R&B music promotes dominace.

No comments:

Post a Comment