Tuesday 3 May 2011

More Market Research

When it came to doing my photo shoot I had to think back to my R&B mood board and how women in R&B were portrayed. I remembered that  women are often sexualised in and showing quite a lot of skin, especially bust; the females are also enhanced during editing to make them look more curvy, otherwise they pose in ways where their waste looks small and their bottom half looks ‘thick’. If I use to use a female in my photo shoot I had to assure that my model wore tight clothes which bring in their waste, I also had to make sure they do poses that make them look dominant. Another important thing that I looked at when I was doing my photo shoot was that my model looked wealthy, I decided that heavy exaggerated jewellery was to be present.
If  I used a male model, I ha to make sure that they were also wearing very heavy jewellery, maybe showing their chest and abs (if these parts are shown I may have to draw/paint a tattoo onto my model’s body as most R&B singers have these to show they have been through a journey, remembrance or love of a significant other, to fit in with the stereotypical R&B look, fashion or strength etc).  Other things that my male model could wear include baseball caps, designer clothes, designer sunglasses and an expensive looking belt.
With these photos I hope to represent classy young to middle aged fans and also the young females who emulate R&B artists.

Above are some potential poses that I may use; although R&B is very sexualised, I have to make sure that my magazine is not too sexualised as it may put off some of my more professional (female) readers.
EXTRA: My aim is to have several photos with the models at a range of height levels e.g. on the floor, standing up etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment