Tuesday 3 May 2011

I thought it was important to do some market research before I began creating my research, as I had already don’t some secondary research by looking at some other magazine covers I decided to also do some primary research. I wanted to find out which colour scheme and magazine name my target audience preferred. As I was targeting young to middle aged R&B fans I surveyed 20 males and 20 females who enjoy R&B.

The two most popular colour schemes were OPTION 1 and OPTION 2, I believe this is because of the hit R&B song titled ‘Black and Yellow’ by the rapper Wiz Khalifa. The most popular magazine name was dominate. I think that this is a good choice because R&B is all about the artists trying to dominate the whole music industry.

I was very happy with the feedback and decided to have a merge my two most popular colour schemes into one (black, yellow, black and pink), this was I may be able to win over both groups which voted for the separate colour schemes. I decided to go with the name that my target audience suggested as it fits in very well with the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment