Monday 7 February 2011

Looking at my mood board I realised that there were some things that did not really fit in such as the cartoon of the cartoon representing the female rap artist Cher Lloyd; although it did fit in with my target audience.  Instead it looked like a picture that would be found in a kids music magazine (especially as the cartoon is very animated- e.g. extra large head and funny face expression). My target audience are males and females from the age of 16 to 25 who love R&B and Hip Hop music. The main audience of this genre of music  was traditionally  black  people however there has always been a white following of hip hop and R&B but it was always predominantly black. It was not until the late 90s that there began a large white following due to the rise of white hip hop and R&B  artists such as Eminem , Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer.
I believe that my target audience will be attracted  to my magazine because it will give them all the latest information and gossip on their favourite Hip hop and R&B artists. My magazine also specifies on a specific genre meaning that my readers can get exactly what they want.

I also thought that it would be best to take out the photo of rapper 'Rick Ross' holding a huge chain and also the photo of rapper 'Fabulous' holding his big chain (the two artistes in black tops holding large chains). I took them out because I believe that they looked too Hip Hop due to the sunglasses and extremely large chain, they did not really show the ‘
soulfulness’ of R&B. I also thought that the 'I love R&B' hat was definitely out of place and also looked quite childish, furthermore I doubt any rap artist would wear it as it looks a bit cheap and underrated. Another thing that I do not think matched my genre was the club scene, I think that it looked like it belonged in the house/indie style genre.
After examining my mood board I edited it creating one that represents the R&B genre as it is


Although I used many of the old pictures but I also replaced and added some new ones. For example I added another R&B cover with a half naked man and woman to emphasise how sexualised females are supposed to be and how men's bodies should be able to look good topless; just like the other album cover (Sexy R&B) it also emphasises sex being a main part of the style. I added an artist with his car as we all know they love to show off to prove their wealth. The picture of Will I am (man wearing some white Doctor Dre Beats headphones) is to show that DR Dre's headphones are a big part in R&B as many rappers and singers in the genre such as Will I am and Soulja Boy wear them. 

Overall I am much happier with my new mood board as it fully represents a lot of mail parts of R&B which I discussed n my operationalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment